Friday, July 9, 2010

18 Months...What?!


















18-months old and I can...
  • Feed myself with a spoon and a fork.
  • Walk, run, climb, and jump. (It's my favorite!)
  • Pet Sadie and Felix, sometimes more gently than others.
  • Take my shoes off.
  • Point to a picture of my family or something in a book when you ask me, "Where's _____?"  The other night she found all her relatives in pictures on the refrigerator when Daddy asked her!
  • Talk.  I have so many words that when Dr Brandon asked Mommy how many words I have, Mommy had a hard time pinning down a number.
My favorite new foods are...
  • Corn on the cob, peas, and baked beans.
  • Turkey tenderloin and couscous.
  • Great Grandma Gilbert's strawberry shortcake.
Happy 18-month birthday, Madelyn.  I don't know how or when it happened but you've turned from a baby into a little girl!

5 comments:

  1. With so many words in her vocabulary, do I foresee a special guest blogpost written by Madelyn soon? Speaking of, Griff has a lot of words, too, (though I would be hard-pressed to pin down a number) so perhaps we'll see some content from the dad perspective?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be unbelievable how many words Madelyn learns from now until her 2nd birthday! I remember reading about it in child development classes and really impressed me!
    Madelyn is indeed a little girl now. But she will always be your baby and Daddy's little girl forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I can get some quality "Madelyn speak" she'll make a guest appearance on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Madelyn Speak!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coincidence, Mrs. Gilbert's strawberry shortcake is one of my new favorite foods too!

    Can't wait for "Madelyn Speak" and possible "Griff Says" feature.

    ReplyDelete