Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy 3-Month Birthday!

Where did the last three months go?!

I know I've said this numerous times already but I have no idea how it's gone by so quickly. I think back about the 8th of each month and what we were doing at each point --

February 8 - Honey and Poppie had just left to return home to Chicago after a wonderful two-and-a-half week visit. Now Griff and I were on our own to figure out our new life together.

March 8
- We were getting this parenting-thing down a little more and were adjusting well. Both bedtime and bathtime were becoming easier for everyone. I was cleared for exercise and Madelyn and I were pros at running errands and visiting with friends. We even made a trip to the Museum of Nature & Science!

April 8
- Madelyn lights up when she sees her dad. And, she's discovered her hands and keeps us laughing and smiling with her excited squeals and coos. She's napping on a quasi-schedule and getting into a routine which not only helps me but will help in her transition to daycare.

It's amazing to look at how much she's changed in such a short time. Back when she was only 5 weeks old and wouldn't let me put her down during the day, it seemed like time stood still. Then one day I remember thinking to myself how I needed to appreciate this because she won't always be this little and/or willing to be held. Yes, she's still a little girl but not that tiny little baby that Grammy and I brought home from the hospital in January.

Today is the last day of my maternity leave. Tomorrow morning, Team Anderson will leave home a little before 7 a.m. to drop Madelyn off for her first day of daycare. I'm not sure who will have more separation anxiety -- me or her...probably me.

I had no idea 12 weeks could go by so quickly. I'm in awe of our little girl and can't wait to watch her grow even more.

4 comments:

  1. Time does fly by and you are wise to appreciate each day with your girl!
    Best of Luck tomorrow!
    love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies when you have a cute little gal in your life, good luck Team Anderson on the return to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will do just great. I will be thinking of YOU!! Try to focus on the little things and treasure them, such as going to the bathroom as soon as you actually have to go, completing a meal without getting up from your table once, exchanging pleasantries with other adults uninterrupted...and then tell me what that's like!!

    Try not to sing and narrate what you're doing- everybody you work with has already learned the language...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a sweet, sweet smile! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete