Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Daycare

Thank you to all for your kind thoughts and words last week as we embarked upon the next stage in our development as a family. To answer your thoughts, daycare (and work) is going well.

Every day the instructors jot down notes on Madelyn's daily sheet to let us know how and what she did. Her daily sheets have all had very nice things to say, including -

"I was a little shy at first but all my new friends & teachers just loved me!" (Day 1 - Last Thursday)
"...I was such a sweet girl." (Day 4 - Yesterday)
"...loved 'talking' and laughing for my teachers!! I loved my naps and ate a lot. I had such a great day!" (Today)

Clearly, she's doing well and we made a great decision in choosing her daycare. She even has a friend named Ethan. He's about four weeks older than Madelyn and helped show her the ropes these last few days. His parents have be-friended us, too, which really makes the daycare seem like an extension of our neighborhood.

The only downside is that she's exhausted in the evenings but she's still sleeping through the night. If that's our only complaint then we really have it pretty good.

4 comments:

  1. Great news for Team Anderson!! This was a wonderful start to this new phase of your family life! I am sure Madelyn soon will have notes about how well she plays with others and many other positive comments of her outstanding personality and intelligence!! I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Friend," or "boyfriend?!" I think you need to install a camera to keep your eye on Ethan. I don't trust him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm picturing it now - Ethan and Madelyn standing together with oversized backpacks on their first day of school.

    ReplyDelete