Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Green couch be gone.

That's the text message I sent to Griff last night around 6:15 after I watched the green couch be loaded up and taken away. Outside of my big girl bedroom furniture, which technically Honey and Poppie purchased for me in 1999 in Kansas City, the green couch was the second piece of furniture I ever purchased.


Yesterday, the old green couch went to a new home. We decided over the weekend to turn our loft into a more family / movie room and replace the existing furniture with a u-shaped sectional. So, I've been in the process of photographing and listing the furniture and plan to go sectional shopping this afternoon.

Here's where I get a little sentimental. That couch had quite a life and travelled with me through 3 apartments, a duplex, and 3 houses. When I first bought the couch in 2000, I had a sweet little Siamese kitten who was equal parts princess and terrorist.


The only real damage to the couch came from her when we she would. not. keep. her. claws. off. the arm. Bad kitty.


Over the years, we all enjoyed the green couch...

For reading.




For snuggling.




For eating during a rainy BBQ.


And, for napping. Pre children I used to feel like napping on that couch was one of my favorite things. Clearly, I wasn't alone.




So many memories. I didn't get anything for it except for rid of it. And, that's okay. We certainly got my money out of it. And, that Siamese princess / terrorist? Well, she eventually calmed down (and got declawed). The couch went to a young woman and her roommate who live in Golden. I'm thankful it'll get another life and won't go straight to the landfill.

2 comments: