Friday, July 15, 2016

Ice cream social

Wednesday evening, the Highlands Ranch Metro District (HRMD) hosted an ice cream social at Civic Green Park. The weather was beautiful, the food trucks were aplenty, and the ice cream was all you can eat. We actually didn't pig out which was a little surprising. I think it was, in part, because there were so many other things to see and do like -

Run into several friends and their families from softball. Go Orange Crush!

Sit front row, curbside and watch the Littleton Fire Department demonstrate and extraction USING THE JAWS OF LIFE! It was awesome. Enough said.

Visit the Douglas County Mounted Patrol. They brought a thoroughbread, a pinto, and a smaller brown horse that Officer Domenico let Madelyn and Sawyer hold the reigns and see the horseshoes. So interesting!



Collect swag from the various booths. These kids had a plethora of bubbles, pens, stick on tattoos, candy, water bottles, and much more.



It kind of reminded me of Rusty Griswold from Vegas Vacation. "Well, four slot machines and I won four cars. You know, I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car." However, in our case, the cars were trinkets and the dollars were just waiting your turn in line.

Visit with another Sheriff and discuss handcuffs and whether girls can be police officers, too. According to Officer Blanchard, women are some of the better officers given their natural intuition. Who knew?!



This was the first big HRMD event we've attended and it was really fun. Perhaps this will become a new summer activity for us. And, who doesn't love ice cream on a hot summer night?!


No comments:

Post a Comment