Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Soccer...It's H E R E!

I feel like Jack Nicholson in The Shining anytime I say, "It's here!" a little sing song-y. Although now that I think about it, I don't believe that's actually what he said when he popped his face through the bathroom door. Perhaps I should re-title this post "Here's Soccer!" in his honor. I digress.

Spring brings all kinds of wonderful things in Colorado -- sunny days and lots of playtime in the backyard, seedlings all over my house, garden prep, Easter (and non-Easter) bunnies, and the return of soccer. For the first time, we have TWO kiddos in soccer in this year. Yes, we are becoming those people.

Madelyn's team, the Sparkly Dolphins, began their season a few weeks ago. They practice on Monday afternoons and have games on Saturdays. In spite of their intimidatihg team name, they're not the best in their league. BUT, they're a good group of girls with wonderful coaches and a supportive fan base. I've been really happy with her experience this year. She's learning a lot and having a great time.

Last week, she even scored her first goal! Yay...Madelyn!

Madelyn keeping the ball away from her team's goal.
Go get 'em, girl!

Sawyer's team, the Dragons, began this past weekend. Theirs is a shorter season consisting of 3 weeks of soccer fundamentals followed by 3 weeks of scrimmages. They only meet on Saturdays and, for the most part, both schedules work nicely together so we won't be making extra trips back and forth or having to divide and conquer.


I'll be honest, Sawyer was a little nervous at first but he warmed up quickly. And...I think it's safe to say he had a great time as well.

Some "Red light, green light."

After the initial tears, there were LOTS of smiles.

Look out soccer world. Here comes Sawyer!

Hopefully the nerves are done and he can go straight to the fun part when we return on Saturday.

Until then, go Dolphins! Go Dragons! V-I-C-T-O-R-Y, that's the Dolphins / Dragons battle cry!


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Dolphins and Dragons -- looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the Dolphins and Dragons -- looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete