Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween...it's coming!

Welcome to our house of horrors. If you're terrified of ghouls, floors that need mopping, and a cat with a fungal infection, DO NOT COME IN HERE. On second thought, come right on in!

Googly-eyed wreath.
Who do all these eyes belong to? And, why are they looking at me?!

So that I can remember for next year, I thought I'd photograph a few of this year's Halloween decorations. I'm not necessarily a crafty person. Sure, I can make things but given that I'm left-brained, and a retired accountant, I'm not always that creative. But, with two little ones, it's fun coming up with new ideas and turning them into reality. Consider this my paper trail!

Here are my shares -

Door monster. He's a friendly fellow complete with candy corn nose.

He's a Pinterest inspiration and was very easy to make. So easy, in fact, I thought about putting them upstairs on the bedroom doors in a future year.

Halloween tea light holder and mini pumpkins.

Some people have those Christmas villages. I don't. But, I do think it would be fun to have a Halloween village at some point. If I can find a few more cute, coordinating houses like this one, I will have my mini village on the dining room hutch. Wait, we do have some small plastic coffins. Maybe next year, my mini village will include a cemetery. Ideas!

Birds. We CONTINUE to have a problem with wildlife in our house. Ha ha.

Two years ago, we had an unfortunate problem with three mice in our house. They were eradicated and have not returned since. Thank you, Orkin. However, after the mouse incident, these guys debuted. I sent a picture to my sister and remarked that we had another animal problem. She thought they were real. I'm so funny.

Scrapbook paper bunting.

Hopefully I'm not setting the bar too high for myself. The little ones and I get a kick out of Halloween decorating. We even have a few decorations that Honey gave me from my youth. I guess I could say my love of Halloween and decorating goes way back.

Happy Halloween week to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment