Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week four

Life is finally starting to feel like normal again this week. While it's not the pre-June 6 normal, and I'm happy for that, we're getting back into our routine. Madelyn, Sawyer, and I have had quite the busy week.

Monday - Grocery shopping in the morning. Playground and fountains in the afternoon. I really want to use the Baby Bjorn more with Sawyer than I did with Madelyn. We successfully grocery shopped with Sawyer in the Bjorn. And, Madelyn got a Lightning McQueen car for being such a good helper.

Tuesday - Play date in our old neighborhood with our friends, Andrea and Rowen (former next door neighbors). It was HOT and fun. Life in Stapleton appears to be good. Our old house looked fine but weird with someone else's furniture on the front porch. But, it was good to return to our new home afterward.

Wednesday - Swimming at the rec center with Honey and Poppie. Poppie and Madelyn swam at both the indoor and outdoor pools while Honey and I watched and Sawyer slept. It was another hot one but, luckily, we got a little relief with some afternoon clouds. Also, had dinner with the Andersons at Grandpa's house.

Thursday - Playgroup and bike parade with the Mom's Club. Still tired from yesterday, Madelyn didn't want to stay too far from my side and that's okay. We had a good time with our new friends and Madelyn marched in the parade since we didn't bring her bike along.

Friday (TBD) - Weight check for Sawyer and story time at the library. A quiet day before the long weekend might not be such a bad idea but we'll see where the day leads us.

Sawyer is still eating a lot but we're settling into a little schedule. He's sleeping between 3-4 hours at night. I'm getting a little more rest as well. I'll never again be fully rested and I'm okay with that. That's why they make under eye concealer. I wouldn't trade my Mdelyn or my Sawyer for anything.

3 comments:

  1. You'll always be tired but it becomes a different kind of tired! I know you are enjoying these days, some of the happiest of your life. Can't wait to meet Sawyer and ask Madelyn about life as a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update from Andersonville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a most-needed update from Andersonville! We will make a date soon to meet your little man.

    ReplyDelete