Saturday, May 8, 2010

I am Mommy

This afternoon, Team Anderson loaded into the family car and headed over to the SuperTarget.  We needed a few items for dinner this evening as well as our homemade Mother's Day brunch tomorrow morning.  I had run out of face lotion in the morning and convinced Griff to make a pit stop at the Aveda store close to the SuperTarget.  He and Madelyn decided to wait in the car for me.

When I finished my transaction and got back in the car, Griff told me a story of what happened while I was gone.  On a side note, Madelyn has, from time to time, freaked out when I've gotten out of the car to run in some place thinking she's been left behind even when Griff is still in the car with her.

At any rate, the following is a paraphrase of today's story as Griff told it to me -

I got out of the car.  Madelyn didn't freak out and actually waved bye-bye as I walked away.  She saw me walk into the store and maintained her focus and attention on it knowing I was inside.  At some point, she could even see me inside.  The whole time, while maintaining her focus, she repeated, "Mommy," "Mommy", "Mommy?".  When I walked back out, she was happy and greeted me with a friendly "Hi!"

The best part of the whole thing is that as Griff is telling me this, it didn't really register that she was saying "Mommy" and had made the connection that I am Mommy!  I wish I could have been there to see it but, at the same time, had I been there, it wouldn't have occurred.  Yay!  What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

I am Mommy!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww- this is great! It's PERFECT! Nothing could be a better Mother's Day Gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you all were in "The Family Car." Honey would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This day begins some real girl talk!
    Welcome to the Sisterhood of Mommyhood!

    ReplyDelete